Ciao! This is my blog documenting my Cultural Immersion Experience in Rome, Italy, from Jan. 19th - May 12th. I am a junior at Castleton State College in Vermont, and part of my graduation requirements include spending at least fifteen weeks abroad, becoming immersed in the culture and the community. I post once a week at a minimum.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Preparations

Less than a month left before I get on a plane and start my new journey abroad. It's becoming more and more real the closer it gets. The fact that I will be spending five months in Italy is mind blowing and very humbling. I never thought I would be able to go abroad, much less live in another country and become immersed in it for five months. Almost half a year doesn't seem like enough time to see all the artwork and architecture, to visit sites that have been on the globe for centuries, to taste all the foods and drinks, to truly experience Italy.

All the preparations are done. Plane ticket purchased, everything paid for and payment plans scheduled. All that's left to do is wait for January 19th, when I board the plane and leave the United States for five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment